A.U.D.I Acoustic Underwater Development Instrument
The A.U.D.I – Acoustic Underwater Development Instrument was designed for R&D work at the request of University marine engineering departments, and hydrographic underwater research establishments. The A.U.D.I provides access to a wide range of transducer drive signals which can be pre-set (Cal), or continuously variable (Var).
A built-in USB or WiFi (option) connected instrument, provides a dual channel, high resolution data acquisition Signal Analyzer with an Arbitrary Waveform Generator (AWG) and enables all signals to be monitored/analyzed. The new A.U.D.I Multi Channel Software creates a full range of virtual instruments – Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, Multimeters, Data logger – on a Windows 10 OS PC/laptop.
The A.U.D.I can also be used for SONAR/ASW training, as a demonstrator, and to give students hands-on experience with real-time Active/Passive SONAR configurations.
- Integrated high resolution PC Data Acquisition Signal Analyzer & AWG.
- Variable/Calibrated Pulse Repetition Frequency (PRF) – <.5 meter and >6 meters.
- Variable/Calibrated Pulse Width (PW) Continuous or Single shot – <10 µsecs and >2 msecs.
- Variable/Calibrated CW Oscillator frequency – <35 kHz and >300 kHz.
- Frequency display.
- FM Modulation input – dc to 100Hz.
- Switched Gate & Sync Output
- Three transducer drive amplifiers Tx1, 2, 3 with variable Gain.
- Variable Phase, plus cascade Phase on Tx 2 and Tx 3, referenced to Tx 1 Output.
- Three High Voltage parallel outputs – 60 volts pk-pk max.
- Auxiliary Amplifier with three inputs and Gain control.
- Three fixed gain (x 5) general purpose amplifiers ‘A’.
- Motor Speed control voltage – 0 to 12volts dc at 1 amp.
- Access to +5, -5, +15, -15 volts dc for external R&D, custom circuitry.
USB powered Signal Analyzer:
This function of the A.U.D.I is independent of the rest of the panel, and can be used for signal analysis/generation, without power being applied to the A.U.D.I
Signal Analyzer in brief:
- PC/laptop, dual channel Data Acquisition Signal Analyzer – USB 2.0 -3.0
- Sample rate – 500 Ms/sec with 14 bit dual channel resolution
- Resolution selectable – 12 to 16 bit (6 µV)
- Windows OS 10
- ASCII data files for exporting to other applications
- Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, True RMS Voltmeter
- Data Logger – 21 minutes to 750 days